Mecca Real Estate
Mecca Township was established in 1821. The 2000 census found 2,829 people in the township. The township derives its name from Mecca, in Arabia. It is the only Mecca Township in the State of Ohio. The history of drilling for oil in southwestern Mecca Township, beginning in the 1860s, was recorded in an article in a postal history magazine in 2000. The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term.